YouTube has grown to be a highly influential social media platform which has become extremely popular among users across the world. In the present scenario, YouTube has over billions of users across the world. YouTube has by far been the most popular social media along with FaceBook, Twitter and others. The popularity of YouTube is strongly intertwined with the publishing occasions offered by the social media site. The users are enabled to upload their videos both documentary and featured.
In such a way, users get ample opportunities to share their videos in just a few simple steps. At the same time, the distinct feature of YouTube is its abilities because it is the performativity of videos to attract users. The more performable a video is the more will be its viewership and the more popular it becomes. But many don’t know the fun facts and statistical library of knowledge that YouTube encircles.
Different Types of Youtube Statistics:
The following presents such similar significant statistical aspects of YouTube.
1. Statistical Strata
It seems the internet never gets bored of watching videos, so now there is an entire library’s worth of YouTube stats. Instead of elaborating the users with the entire library, here are some handpicked and most interesting statistics. It is categorized for the users to make it easy and fun to read.
Here are some fascinating facts and statistics about YouTube that apparently the readers didn’t know before. These latest statistical strata on various aspects will make the users even more intrigued about this streaming platform:
2. Historical Statistics
To begin with, it needs to begin from the starting exploring the history of YouTube finding ways through a question like “how” and “why”:
- The very first fact is about the creation of the domain “YouTube”. YouTube was created and activated on February 14, 2005.
- Secondly, the very first video that was uploaded on YouTube was “Me at the Zoo” on 23rd April 2005. It was uploaded by Jawed Karim from San Diego Zoo, who was the co-founder of the channel. The channel is still active and is run by Jawed with over 5.67 lakh subscribers.
- Further on October 9, 2006, it was proclaimed the Google will purchase the domain ‘YouTube’ for around US$1.65 billion. Associated to the same the first advertisement on YouTube spin out in August 2007
- In May 2010, YouTube recorded serving more than 2 billion views in just a day.
- The first US Presidential Debates was streamed by YouTube in 2012.
- By March 2013, YouTube was streaming by seeing 1 Billion monthly active users.
3. User Statistics
As of 2019, there are over 23 million channels active on YouTube. People all around the world are signing up for YouTube accounts, developing a YouTube channel, and uploading their videos every second of every day. Here are some fun facts about the users and streaming channels of YouTube:
- As of 2019 YouTube platform has over 1.9 billion actively logged in users as per monthly basis and over 30 million users on a daily basis.
- According to a recent survey, it has been recorded that 6 out 10 people prefer to watching videos on YouTube than watching LIVE TV.
- A statistical data laid estimation that by the year 2025, half of the viewers under the age of 32 will not subscribe to any paid TV service.
- The viewers can navigate YouTube in a total of eighty different languages which almost covers 95% of the population on the Internet.
- On average, 8 out of 10 18-49 year-olds stream YouTube to watch the latest videos.
- A report of 2015 states that 18-49 year-olds spent 4% less time watching TV while time spent on YouTube went up 74%.
- Talk about Smartphones alone, YouTube has reached more than just 18-49-year-old viewers than any other broadcast or paid CABLE TV network like Sling.tv, Playstation Vue.
- YouTube is a platform that is currently being used in over 91 countries across the globe.
- The highest earning YouTuber on YouTube is Daniel Middleton, better known as DanTDM, bringing in $16.5m in the year 2017.
- Half of the American internet users of age 75 and over are YouTube users.
- Over 6 Billion videos of YouTube have been shared by the users to date.
- Over 62% of YouTube users are comprised of Males.
- As of 2019, there are over 50 million creators on YouTube.
4. Usage Statistics
YouTube being the most established platform has astounding usage records. Here are some unknown usage facts about YouTube:
- Lesser known about YouTube is that it is the world’s second largest search engine. It is the third most visited site after Facebook and Google.
- Nearly almost 400 hours of total videos are uploaded on YouTube every single minute.
- People across the world watch over 1 Billion hours videos on YouTube which even more Netflix and Facebook combined together.
- YouTube is accessed the most through Smartphones and 70% of YouTube views are derived from mobile devices.
- A study tells that the average time spent on viewing videos on YouTube lasts for more than 40 minutes by each user.
- The first ever video on YouTube to get over 1 million views was the Nike advertisement which featured Ronaldinho uploaded on August 2, 2006.
- The video with the highest number of views on YouTube is currently the music video ‘Despacito’ by Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee. It has over 6 Billion views as of 2019. ‘Gangnam Style’, another most watched video before Despacito, took almost five months to hit 1 billion views whereas Despacito took just 97 days and had even more views by then.
- A non-musical video that has the most video as in 2019 is the ‘Masha and The Bear: Recipe for Disaster (Episode 17)’ which was uploaded by getting Movies. As of now, it has over 3 Billion views.
- The most popular and most subscribed YouTube channels belong to PewDiePie, T-Series, and 5-Minute Crafts. They are apparently not included YouTube’s automatically generated channels. As of 2019 T-Series has crossed over 100 million subscribers leaving even before PewDiePie.
- On average, there are over 1 Billion views on YouTube through mobile phones across the world.
- The time people spend watching YouTube on their TV was more than double in the last year.
- By far the music video ‘Despacito’ and the world’s biggest boy band ‘BTS’ has been the most searched videos on YouTube.
- Not only youngsters’ but parents are also seen interested in using YouTube. Over 81% of parents use YouTube and search for content for their children.
- Over half of YouTube users use the platform to work out how to do things they’ve not done before such as DIY videos and to learn things they are not aware of.
- Speaking of frustration level between July 2017 and June 2018, it has been reported by YouTube that viewership of videos on yoga, meditation, and slime ASMR videos, in fact, any video that relates to relaxation have been the most trending ones.
5. Marketing Statistics
The marketing stratum for YouTube has been impressive for a long time. YouTube has many fascinating marketing statistics that the users are unaware of. Here are some interesting marketing specifics about YouTube:
- Among the millennials, as of 2019 YouTube accounts for two-thirds of the premium online watched videos across several devices.
- Over 15.8% of YouTube’s visitors are American and the US accounts for over 9% small businesses which use YouTube.
- As of October 2019, YouTube has proclaimed to have paid out $2 billion to rights holders since 2012.
- The number of channels on YouTube earning funds in six figures each year has increased by 40% per year.
- The most popular and branded channel streaming on YouTube currently is LEGO, which has accumulated over 6 Billion views.
- Viewers, who complete True View ads by watching them till the end or at least for 30 seconds, are 23 times more likely to visit and even subscribe to that brand channel. They watch more videos by that brand or share that brand video. Viewers who are exposed to True View ads but don’t watch the entire ads are still 10 times more likely to perform one of these actions.
- When brands use True View, they have recorded that the views of their previously existing content have increased up to 500% after posting new videos.
- By the year 2019, the most watched videos on YouTube were the musical videos, comprising of over 95% of viewership.
- Almost all the Interbrand’s brands and specifically Top 100 Brands are communally uploading a video on YouTube in every 18.5 minutes.
- On-demand streaming music such as Spotify, Apple Music, etc. is how 86% of consumers listened to music in 2019. YouTube has been responsible for providing over 47% of that music content. These same music brands have an average of 2.4 channels.
- Over 35% of the people are tending to start their YouTube channel on a monthly basis by watching other videos.
- People between ages 16 and 24 say that they are extensively using YouTube, Snapchat, and Instagram. Meanwhile, 46% of millennial are increasing their YouTube usage.
6. Business statistics
YouTube has been the biggest platform when it comes to earning and paying to the right holders. The traffic acquisition and content acquisition costs exceed half of YouTube’s gross annual revenues. Elevated than its rivals it would not be entirely appropriate to weigh YouTube’s share of video ad revenues against the other platforms. But here some surreal unknown business statistics about YouTube:
- The top ten YouTube highest trending stars earned 42% more money in 2019. Forbes estimated that these 10 men, precisely nine men, and a little boy have earned over $180.5 million as of 2019.
- With YouTube growing its own species of celebrity, the potential for non-traditional marketing with macro- or micro-influencers has also expanded to up to 45% than usual. It is now on top of potential audience reach.
- Amongst the top 10 highest trending stars of YouTube, 5 are gamers.
- When it comes to influencing, it might be worth probing if or how a brand can lock in on the rising horde of the gaming culture. According to a report by YouTube, over 43% of members of the gaming community turn to YouTube videos in order to feel less lonely, to unwind from gaming, and to improve their potential.
- As of 2019, people have watched over 50,000 years of product review videos on YouTube. That’s just in the last 2 years on mobile devices alone. Whether it be window shopping or in the final stages of product evaluation, consumers are turning to such YouTube videos to figure out what would be more feasible to consume.
- YouTube also states that over 3 times as many people would prefer to watch a YouTube video than to read an instruction manual. This means the YouTube audience might be slipping through the sales conduit straight into the welcoming clinch of customer care.
- The more information a brand can provide certain products and services on YouTube, the happier the customers are. Since 2016 as of 2019, thrice as many small- and medium-sized businesses are actively advertising on YouTube increasing the adverts to up to 56%.
- Most likely to Facebook and Google itself, YouTube enables robust and granular advertising tools that can analyze the targeted audience up to 4 times faster.
- LEGO alone has almost twice as many views as of any other streaming brand on YouTube. With over 7 million subscribers as of now, LEGO’s YouTube channel is trending extensively with both its original content and user-driven content. It operates channels in numerous different languages to enlarge its reach. Lego also works with their rabid fan base and even these fan channels have thousands of subscribers to capitalize on previous engagement levels.
- YouTube’s video and ad revenue were estimated to increase by up to 17% in 2019. 73% of that income generated from American video ads, exclusively, according to the eMarketer. In a similar context, eMarketer also estimates video ad spending will increase up to 30% overall to $27.8 billion if the videos are put at 25% of overall digital ads spend in America.
- A mere YouTube mobile ad amasses up to 83% of viewer attention. Given that TV ads average around 45% of the total viewership, this is a startling amount.
If one is simply a YouTube viewer who wants to know the crazy, mind-boggling numbers behind this magical platform of online videos, these statistics have left are suitably impressing and amazing. On the other hand, if one is a marketer who is trying to make a decision if online video is a fine way to reach the audience, these latest YouTube stats should exhibit the amazing reach that can be achieved on YouTube.
Bonus: Get Prime Video 30 days trial for Free