In today’s world, technology has reached far and wide. There are uncountable uses of internet technology and hence it is imperative to a sound development that it reaches out to many. With the increasing dependency on technology and digitization, there is an equally increasing threat. Right from highly sensitive data as the banking system and hospital system, to the individual user desktop data, all are vulnerable to cyber-attacks. Several malware, Trojan viruses, and other harmful applications are exposed via the internet, which can cause devastating losses. Hence, a new industry of anti-virus applications has sprouted up.
Avast is one of the major anti-virus developing company. It’s in the game for around 30 years, providing security to computers, Macs, phones, and tablets. Avast has updated security and virus definitions for enhanced protection. Avast has a dedicated anti-virus which goes by the same name. It has a simple and attractive user interface and high-security features. Along with the virus protection, Avast also specializes in advanced cleanup options, CPU performance boosters, and high-level internet security. For enhancing the internet security issue, Avast has designed a special browser Avast SafeZone.
About Avast SafeZone Browser:
When you install the Avast anti-virus in your system, it provides tonnes of security features. In recent years, Avast has increased the focus on internet security. Avast application scans every file and then verifies for download, it checks the verification and security of the website prior to opening it, and also it aims at providing safe internet shopping. To do all these tasks efficiently, Avast introduced their own browser called Avast SafeZone browser. According to Avast, it is built with certain security features already enabled. It looks like a fork of chromium browser. However, this browser increases the disk storage, CPU usage and bandwidth, hence many users prefer to use their own. Find solutions to How to uninstall or remove Avast SafeZone browser from windows here;
- If the browser is already installed in your system, you can uninstall it manually.
- Open the start menu and type ‘Appwiz.cpl’ and hit enter.
- It will open the Programs and Features window directly, which otherwise, must be accessed via the control panel.
- In this list of programs, find and navigate to Avast Antivirus.
- Right click on this entry. You will see a couple of options drop down.
- Select ‘Change’ from that option.
- This will open an Avast setup page, with a couple of options. Select ‘Change’ again.
- This will land you on a settings panel of Avast. Find the option of the SafeZone browser.
- Uncheck that option, and then click Change.
- The browser will be uninstalled from your machine.
Installing Avast without SafeZone:
- You can opt to omit the installation of the SafeZone browser while installing the Avast antivirus.
- When you start the installation process of Avast, don’t use the express settings option.
- On the setup page, go to the customization option directly.
- This page will display all the settings and configurations, along with the list of components that will be installed.
- Locate the Avast SafeZone browser entry in the list and disable it.
- Similarly, you can uncheck any unwanted entries like Mail shield, etc.
- Then continue the installation normally.
- This will prevent the Avast SafeZone browser to be installed on your machine.
Just setting the default browser as Microsoft Edge or Mozilla Firefox or Chrome will not remove the SafeZone browser. It will just disable it, but the Avast will have forced the installation on your machine. Avast SafeZone is a decent browser, with the simple user interface. Avast claims tonnes of security features embedded in the browser. But there are other preferred browsers like Firefox and chrome, which are at the forefront of browser usage.
Built on Chromium, SafeZone also has specialized browsing modes and transaction security features. They provide additional options like multiple device support and data collaboration between them. Avast has included this browser along with its anti-virus application kit. Even after selecting not to install the browser, some users have raised an issue, with Avast forcing the installation, which was noticed by a SafeZone icon popping up on the desktop screen.