Both ExpressVPN and IPVanish are the well renowned and widely used VPN services and they both are known for their high speed and quickness in performance. But, when it comes to choosing the best VPN service for your specific need between these two options, it becomes really challenging as in some area the ExpressVPN excels, while in some areas IPVanish is considered to be the top choice.
So, to make things a bit simpler and help you devise which VPN is the best for your specific need, here is the side by side ExpressVPN vs IPVanish comparison guide which is based on latest information available online and extensive test results.
ExpressVPN vs IPVanish: Best Comparisons
1. Speed Test
Speed is considered to be the most crucial characteristic of VPN services which help in determining its overall value and performance. So, to find out the speed and quickness of these two VPN services a speed test was conducted on a base connected with a speed of 30Mbps. The results of both the VPN services were excellent, but ExpressVPN excels with 11.46% faster than the IPVanish. The provider of ExpressVPN services has built their reputation as the fastest server within the industry and this is proved when speed test is performed. It has cleared all the doubts with its quickness in performance and speed.
The ExpressVPN achieved the download speed of 26.62Mbps on-base connection of 30Mbps which is exceptional. The provider actually offers the average download speed of 25.94Mbps. The services of IPVanish also outperformed and surprised all in the speed test and didn’t lag far behind its counterpart. With over 24.63Mbps of download speed, IPVanish server has just performed better like its counterpart. It has the average download speed of 24.86Mbps. Considering the speed test, ExpressVPN is the winner which is slightly high in speed and performance as compared to IPVanish.
One of the crucial aspects which you need to check in VPN services is the reliability and you need to ensure that it has the best connection stability apart from speed.
- In terms of reliability, ExpressVPN is always the top choice of many people for a variety of good reasons. It is compatible with almost all major platforms including Mac OS, Windows, Android, and iOS. It works smoothly on all these platforms and the connections are stable, faster and uninterrupted. It delivers higher reliability and the VPN apps are fast to develop a connection and it delivers higher speed consistently without any interruptions.
- Similarly, IPVanish VPN is also very reliable in all the tests. But when it comes to establishing a connection, the IPVanish apps take longer to launch as compared to ExpressVPN. In many cases, it is found that the IPVanish Windows App takes several minutes to establish a connection. But once the apps establish the connection it performs smoothly with higher speed.
3. Specifications – ExpressVPN vs IPVanish
ExpressVPN comes with some great features to meet the specific needs of the end users. Of which the most popular is the split tunneling option that enables the users to configure the apps manually on a computer that use encrypted VPN while enabling the apps to bypass VPN. This option is quite useful for some apps or situations where you can’t make use of a VPN. Some of the other features which are worth mentioning include:
- Self-hosted, secure DNS that protects against DNS leaks and 3rd party DNS snooping
- Support for Smart TVs and other gaming systems and consoles
- Obfuscation features that get around the network restriction and blocking of VPN
- Continuous accessing of stream services which are blocked with other VPNs
- Browser extensions which are open source and integrated with HTTPs
- The latest version of leak protection for IPv4 and IPv6 leaks, WebRTC leaks and DNS leaks
In comparison to ExpressVPN, IPVanish lacks some advanced features. It lacks features like browser extensions and split tunneling features. Besides, this VPN is also not so advance in unblocking the streaming services. But there are some great features integrated into IPVanish which are worth mentioning. This includes:
- IP and DNA leak protection without WebRTC leak protection
- Obfuscation feature to combat against the VPN blocks
- It can kill the switch to block all the non-VPN traffics
4. Connection Comparison
In terms of connection comparison of ExpressVPN vs IPVanish, IPVanish always excels. IPVanish is always the great VPN service which can be used when you need multiple connections. With IPVanish VPN you can have 10 simultaneous connections on different devices and this is considered to be the best connection policies. On the other hand, ExpressVPN only offers limited three simultaneous connections which are far behind its rival. In connection comparison, you need to check how many connections you can plug on using. If the number is higher, then ExpressVPN would not be the ideal choice indeed; instead, you need to settle with IPVanish VPN which you have several people in the house that are planning to use VPN simultaneously.
5. Security Policies of ExpressVPN and IPVanish
A variety of ExpressVPN and IPVanish apps were tested so as to check the IP address leak and DNS leak issues and both the VPN server outperformed and surpassed the expectations. In the test, no leak has been found with Mac OS, Windows and Android Apps. The kill switch test is also conducted to check if it can efficiently block non-VPN traffic when the VPN connection dropped. The results were awesome as both the VPN performed well.
Both ExpressVPN and IPVanish passed all security tests and no leaks or security breaching issues were found with any of the apps. But the kill switch feature of ExpressVPN is a bit better as compared to IPVanish. The kill switch feature alerts the users when the connection is interrupted and it activates automatically. Both ExpressVPN and IPVanish use the OpenVPN protocol with 256-bit AES encryption by default. So, there is a tie in this segment of comparison.
So, it is clean from all the tests and analysis reports ExpressVPN is the winner in the competition of ExpressVPN vs IPVanish.